skip to Main Content

NCDRC Lawyers in Delhi NCR

National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission is a apex consumer court in the country where consumer disputes worth Rs.1 crore or more falls under its jurisdiction

So if you have invested in a flat/property which is worth more than Rs. 1 crore and you have any complaint against the builder (for e.g – Delay in Possession), then you can file a legal complaint with NCDRC.

Welcome to, India’s first online platform for filing complaints with the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC), New Delhi! 

We’ve been representing homebuyers in numerous housing and real estate projects, and helped them get justice and prompt relief in their delayed possession cases.

Our Law Firm has a team of best Property Lawyers & NCDRC experts who hold experience in delay in property possession cases.

ncdrc lawyer in delhi

Fee to file a case in NCDRC

We work in a completely transparent way and charge a fixed fee of Rs. 40,000/- for pursuing a complaint with NCDRC, New Delhi. This fee is inclusive of all charges (including 5,000 which is required to make the DD in favor of NCDRC)

Note: In situations where the flat or the apartment has been delivered but has some deficiency or any sort of defect in the flat then one can approach NCDRC as the projects that have received completion certificates are outside the purview of RERA.

Section 21 of Consumer Protection Act, 1986

Says that the National Consumer shall have jurisdiction:- to entertain a complaint valued more than one crore and also have Appellate and Revisional jurisdiction from the orders of State Commissions or the District fora as the case may be.

Section 23 of Consumer Protection Act, 1986

Provides that any person aggrieved by an order of NCDRC, may prefer an Appeal against such order to Supreme Court of India within a period of 30 days.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why should I file a case against the builder for delay in possession of flat?

You’re putting your investment at risk if you fail to take action against the builder for delayed possession delivery. If you do not file a case against the builder and the builder files for bankruptcy, you will not be named as one of the creditors to claim your amount. Without filing a case, you will not be eligible to get reimbursement when the court orders sale of builder’s assets.

Is interest paid on the amount in case of non-delivery of possession?

In case of delay in property possession, a 12% interest is paid to the buyer who files a case with NCDRC. If the flat is not delivered within 12 months of filing of case, an interest of 18% is to be paid by the builder.

The builder has promised to deliver the possession in a few months. Should I still file a case?

It is advised not to rely completely on builder’s promises, rather take every measure possible to protect your investment! If the delay in possession from the decided date is less than 12 months, you may choose to not file a case against the builder. But, if the delay is beyond 12 months and you have multiple units or large investment, you must file a case against the builder.

Can different homebuyers file the case as a group against builders delaying possession?

A group petition against builder delaying possession is filed as a class action. However, any delay by one person could affect the case for every homebuyer. It is recommended to file a case for delay in possession of flat individually as it is a much faster legal action against the builder.

Is it compulsory to appear in person on every hearing date?

No, it is not compulsory to appear in person on every court date. Your property lawyer can appear for you in the court unless you are asked by the court to appear in person. Your property lawyer will appear for you in court even if you are not in the city or even country.

How much time would a case against delayed possession take in court?

When you send a legal notice to the builder for delay in possession and file a case under RERA Act, 2016, the courts take prompt action to resolve the matter. When a case for delay in possession of a flat is filed in consumer court like the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission, the matter is usually resolved in less than 18 months.

Back To Top